Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest qwertyy
Just out of curiosity, is that including all your years or only 2 best years?

I'm also wondering about the same thing.

How do U of T calculate application GPA if you're only doing 3 years of UG?

Guest qwertyy
I got rejected and I just don't get it.

3.86 GPA for my top 3 years

Academic average - 25

PAT - 22.

My academic average was in the 99th percentile - doesnt that count for anything? :(

So devastated, I can't even comprehend it :(

I'm sorry to hear that.

Your DAT looks really good so I'm also confused!

Maybe they are REALLY looking for >3.90 GPA if you don't have masters

I'm sorry to hear that.

Your DAT looks really good so I'm also confused!

Maybe they are REALLY looking for >3.90 GPA if you don't have masters

I know! :( It's so absurdly unfair! I finished molecular biology and genetics and didn't have much room to take "easy" electives to boost my average. I know tons of people who stayed unspecialized and had super high averages because they were able to choose more electives and they chose the easier ones. I really think they should take that into consideration during the selection process.

Academic average - 25

PAT - 22.

My academic average was in the 99th percentile - doesnt that count for anything? :(

To be honest with you, your GPA is on the weak side for U of T dentistry. Your AA score is amazing, sure, but it doesn't really mean much since they just simply do 25/30 x 5 = your score for that section.

25/30 x 5 = 4.17

vs.

22/30 x 5 = 3.67

doesn't really make a whole lot of difference

Guest qwertyy
GPA = 60%

one section of DAT = 5%

I was told that for AA and PAT calculations they just simply do

(your score / 30) x 5

Wow, thanks for this.

Hypothetically, if I apply with a 3.94 GPA + DAT score of 21 on each section + average score on interview, would I have a good chance?

I'm just really worried about the interview because I am not very good at presenting myself.

Academic average - 25

PAT - 22.

I got bad news as well :(

With these scores and GPA, you should have gotten an interview. I know someone who got an interview with a 3.7 GPA. Just doesn't make sense that you didn't get one. Its so stupid how competitive Canadian schools are...

Guest qwertyy
I got bad news as well :(

With these scores and GPA, you should have gotten an interview. I know someone who got an interview with a 3.7 GPA. Just doesn't make sense that you didn't get one. Its so stupid how competitive Canadian schools are...

Yea. very, very ridiculous.

Canadian dentistry GPA requirement is just as high as med school GPA.

Funny thing is, for many American dentistry, your GPA needs to be just over 3.3 to be considered "most competitive" - which, of course, makes sense considering the number of schools and etc. etc.

For Canadian dentistry, it seems you need a GPA of 3.90 to be considered "just competitive"

Hi all, just adding to this thread:

Rejection and GPA: 3.89 AA: 22 PAT: 24 (IP)

It really does look like you need 3.90+ for invites without masters/phd?

I know someone in 3rd year with the same GPA and a lower PAT score and they got an interview. Really starting to question how Toronto picks people for interviews.

Just out of curiosity, is that including all your years or only 2 best years?

My GPA was based on my 1st and 2nd year.

The way I understand GPA breakdown at U of T is the following:

If you're a 3rd year student, U of T takes your 1st and 2nd year GPAs (including summer courses).

If you're a 4th year student, U of T will take your 3rd year GPA and the better of your 1st and 2nd years GPA (summer courses included).

Hope this helps.

Looks like competition is stuff this year. Keep in mind it just varies from year to year. I was admitted 2 years ago with a 3.87, 23AA, 26PAT. I imagine I'd have a tougher time if I had applied now.

Don't let it discourage you guys. Took me two tries to get in.

Looks like competition is stuff this year. Keep in mind it just varies from year to year. I was admitted 2 years ago with a 3.87, 23AA, 26PAT. I imagine I'd have a tougher time if I had applied now.

Don't let it discourage you guys. Took me two tries to get in.

These are excellent grades/scores. You would most likely get in this year as well :P

I am thinking that it might be much easier to get two or more Nobel Prizes before being accepted to U of T dentistry. We should consider doing this.

Why stop there? Throw in multiple Olympic gold medals, the Medal of Honor, the Pulitzer, and an Oscar and you may get an interview, just maybe... :)

Archived