Premed 101 Forums

Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just figured I'd start this up. I already have two interviews under my belt this cycle and yet am the most nervous for NOSM. (only a couple weeks away!)

Anyone else interviewing in Sudbury?

Yeah my nerves are starting to act up too. Just got over a bout of atypical pneumonia and can't run - what I normally do to deal with anxiety. Taken to long walks and meditation instead. Seems to be working.

At 31 years old and my second time applying, I am, of course, like everyone, hoping this will be my year. That said, I find when I've looked back on life I realize that things happen at the right time. Hopefully medicine will be the same.

RR

Well just interviewed. For the most part everyone was quite nice. The other applicants were onthe quiet side which I tried to change when I got there. Overall a nice experience, definitely different than my other interviews, but talking to some other people it seems that my cycle/group just got mostly northern centered questions.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey,

I just had my interview this weekend. I've interviewed twice before and not waitlisted but I knew after my interview that I had done poorly. I feel very good about my interview (for now) but I'm not very confident in my chances of getting in because my GPA is not the best (3.55). I was just wondering if anyone knows roughly how many people with a GPA of this sort have been accepted in previous years?

Thanks

Mathematically speaking everyone at the interview has a shot of being accepted. If you look at previous threads people around your GPA have been accepted before. GPA is only 1/6 of your application after the interview.

I'm pretty nervous as well I had my interview this past weekend. I felt like I went hard in every station and i'm confident in my performance. It's all luck from here on out.

See that's what my friends told me, they interviewed Saturday. Said it was very straight forward, whereas mine seemed to have very Northern centered questions. it surprised me too!

When did you interview?

edit* also heard from someone who was interviewing the same time as me, different circuit that his questions were different than mine.

It's interesting as I can answer that as I met a few people that have done interviews in the past and they told me they were not on the final panel. One was interviewing this year and said he wasn't included in the final rank list. Note: this was what three different individuals told me, I pushed for more info on what they were looking for but they wouldn't give haha

Anyone see what they were using to assess us?

Also anyone have an interviewer with no prompts (blank sheet of paper)? I heard some people saying that the interviewer just starred at them for the remaining time haha

I also interviewed on Sunday.

Either way I know you prepared extensively I wish I could have joined some of the practice MMI sessions, but I still did my own practice. From what I saw the candidates appeared to be a mix. Some seemed really strong others not so much from talking to people before/after.

Very true. Although I felt I was by far the youngest person in my group of 40 people.

Oh and as for selection process, from what people have told me, they combine your scores, pick out the top 100 or so and then go through your entire file and pick who they want in the class. So higher scores don't necessarily mean acceptance. ( although it does highly correlate to it).

Also it would appear that we were not in the same group as no one was really talking before my interview.

Archived