Premed 101 Forums

GPA question

An overall simple average will be calculated using the grades from all undergraduate degree level courses ever taken (with the exception of credits taken on exchange outside of Canada/USA). Work of different years is treated equally. This average is calculated by the applicant on the OMSAS Academic Record Form and verified on the OMSAS Verification Report which is sent to applicants. McMaster University may also review and revise this average. The marks from supplementary and summer courses will be included in the GPA calculation. Courses for which a "Pass" grade is assigned are counted for credit, but will not be included in the GPA calculation. In order for the GPA to be evaluated, independent grades from a minimum of 5 half-year or 5 full-year courses in total, are required, without which the application will not be considered."

What do people understand this time mean?

It's a catch all. I doubt it's used systemically (e.g. that all courses are assessed for perceived difficulty). More likely for weird cases like a school having a weird OMSAS conversion that doesn't allow for anything over a 3.9 or something (I believe people have mentioned that happening before).

It's a catch all. I doubt it's used systemically (e.g. that all courses are assessed for perceived difficulty). More likely for weird cases like a school having a weird OMSAS conversion that doesn't allow for anything over a 3.9 or something (I believe people have mentioned that happening before).

schools love back down or hidden policies that prevent them from getting trapped behind their policies. Basically a way of avoiding someone getting in on a technicality.

Archived