Premed 101 Forums

OT at Dalhousie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
A friend of mine just got accepted off the wait list on Friday! There may still be hope for those of us waiting O_o

Has anyone heard anything more about the waitlist movement. Has anyone called lately to ask about movement? I would but I am out of the country...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just now able to reply on this forum- but I received conditional acceptance (off the waitlist) for Dalhousie on July 21st. When I had called earlier in the month to ask about list movement, I was told it varies from year to year but if you keep an eye on the course registration timetable it will reflect movement, if any (people registering in/dropping program courses). Good luck to everyone still waiting- fingers crossed! :) 

I'm just now able to reply on this forum- but I received conditional acceptance (off the waitlist) for Dalhousie on July 21st. When I had called earlier in the month to ask about list movement, I was told it varies from year to year but if you keep an eye on the course registration timetable it will reflect movement, if any (people registering in/dropping program courses). Good luck to everyone still waiting- fingers crossed! :)

Congrats! Another friend of mine just got accepted from the wait list too. She got a conditional acceptance two weeks ago and then got the final acceptance on Friday. I am so happy for her! It gives me hope that there will be more movement but I am also trying not to get my hopes up.

It seems so weird to not have really any contact with Dalhousie over the summer.
I sent in my final transcripts at the end of the spring semester after I recieved the waitlist letter....is there anything else I should be doing while I wait? We didn't have to respond to that intial waitlist letter did we?

It seems so weird to not have really any contact with Dalhousie over the summer.

I sent in my final transcripts at the end of the spring semester after I recieved the waitlist letter....is there anything else I should be doing while I wait? We didn't have to respond to that intial waitlist letter did we?

Hey OT14, 

I also didn't hear anything about transcripts after I sent mine in but they did receive them- it seems they don't get in touch with you unless your status changes. No action was required on your part after receiving waitlist notification. Hope this helps! 

I called and they said that the class is now full...best of luck to those in the class and those pursuing other options.

Thank you for the update. Eeryone who did not hear back - don't give up if you are able to re-apply next year. Many poeple get in our their second try! I would have done so, but I also have a pasion for Social Work which I am persuing at Dal. Is anyone else going with another plan?

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Does anyone know how heavily they weigh the marks of the pre-req courses? Or is there a minimum mark as someone had asked?

Wondering if I should bother applying to Dalhousie as I'm from Ontario with a low sub-GPA (currently 3.4 but hoping to pull it up to a 3.54-3.57 by the end of this semester) ..

I called the Department a few weeks ago and the program assistant couldn't tell me anything about usual cut-offs, etc from past years. She said that this info is private and only gets sent to the Dean's office, or something like that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Archived