Premed 101 Forums

OT at Dalhousie

I've applied to OT at Dalhousie University and have had virtually no communication with them. I have tried to email them numerous times (both during the application process and after the deadline) and never gotten a response. I spoke to someone from the admissions office to confirm that received my application and they said they would send out a letter in the coming weeks which never arrived. That was over a month ago.

I am just wondering if anyone has heard anything from them.

Thanks & good luck to all those who applied!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you manage to hear something back yet?

I got my email confirming my application was complete on Feb 27. So far, I've had positive responses from them. I've been able to get all my questions answered. If you call the graduate department, the secretary usually transfers you to the OT dept to Chrissy Bartlett.

I phoned them to clarify and they were very helpful. Chrissy told me that my application has not been processed yet and that is why I have not received a confirmation email. She assured me that my application was complete and would be processed shortly. :)

• 2 weeks later...
When does Dalhousie usually start sending out offers of admissions? Anyone know of the GPA cut off from last year?

I am wondering the same. I am currently completing the pre-requisite Physio and Anatomy courses. I heard from one source that, in the past that Dal sent out conditional acceptances in April/May and then the make the final decision in June depending on your marks in these courses.

However, I have also heard that they wait until June to send anything out. Does anyone know what the process was like last year?

I am wondering the same thing. I still haven't gotten an email confirming that they received my application. It doesn't say anything on the website regarding when they send out offers of admission so I have no idea.

Also - does anyone know the minimum mark required for the pre-req courses? Can't find that either.

First round of offers will be sent out mid-May. I'm still not sure what the GPA cutoff was last year.

Thanks!

I can confirm this too. Just got an e-mail back from Chrissy:

Our first round offers are normally sent out by mid May. If you have not completed your degree or pre-requisites then it would be a conditional offer.

Chrissy

May can't come soon enough :) I am struggling through the last few units of Physiology at Athabasca. So painful!

• 4 weeks later...
So, a friend of mine who also applied to Dal OT checked her Dal file today and it says "Written notification to follow" She was freaking out and wondering what it meant and so she called Dal. They said that everyone will find out mid to late next week by e-mail!

I checked mine, but it does not say anything yet.

My file says that too - I noticed that for Application Status it also says I have items outstanding, but I received an email in february saying my application was received, complete and would be reviewed.

Does anyone else's say that even though they got a confirmation email? I may email to check but maybe they just haven't updated it? :confused:

So, a friend of mine who also applied to Dal OT checked her Dal file today and it says "Written notification to follow" She was freaking out and wondering what it meant and so she called Dal. They said that everyone will find out mid to late next week by e-mail!

What is a dal file? How do we access it?

What is a dal file? How do we access it?

Where you go to fill out an online application on their site when applying you have to log in and then you can access submitted applications.

Not sure how telling the "written notification to follow" note would be of whether one will get accepted or not though... At least we will find out soon (:

Did anyone get an acceptance e-mail for Dal (OT) today? I know some of you were accepted earlier in the month, so maybe it's just the Ont/Que and Western schools that have been getting e-mails?

Going crazy waiting! My friend who also applied called on Monday and they said everyone would get an e-mail mid-to late week, this week, regardless of status. Looks like they are taking longer than they planned to send out e-mails...:(

Archived