Premed 101 Forums

OT at Dalhousie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have been waiting, along with 2 other friends who also applied to Dal. None of us has heard anything yet. I hope that everyone hears good news and good luck to those on wait lists. I really hope we know by Wednesday...I don't know if I can stand waiting another week and it will soon be time to accept or reject other offers!

For those still waiting to hear from Dal you could try checking the Application Summary on Dal online. I still haven't received a final acceptance letter or email but for the Application status and Decision tab on Dal online mine says accepted - deposit requested.

I assume the letters should come sometimes soon. Good luck to everyone!

For those still waiting to hear from Dal you could try checking the Application Summary on Dal online. I still haven't received a final acceptance letter or email but for the Application status and Decision tab on Dal online mine says accepted - deposit requested.

I assume the letters should come sometimes soon. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! Did you hear from them at all this week over email?

Has anyone else heard anything or noticed that change?

I got an email yesterday from the faculty of graduate studies and I also had that status change on my online account about a week ago.

I have rejected the offer so a wait list spot should be opening up!

Thanks Rebekka - which school did you decide on? Congrats on your acceptances !

I still haven't heard anything from them since an email in February stating that they had received my application and that it was complete. My application summary hasn't changed from "written notification to follow" - wondering if anyone else is in this position. ...

I got waitlisted!! I think I got an email last week sometime. It kinda sucks because they won't tell you where on the waitlist you are.. fingers crossed!!

I find if weird how their offers are going out.. seems so sporadic eh?

Congratulations! Did you hear from them at all this week over email?

Has anyone else heard anything or noticed that change?

Hi. I did get an email in the end on Tuesday at 4:30 from Chrissy Bartlett followed by one from the graduate studies confirming my acceptance. If you still have not heard about the status of your application email Crissy, she should be able to tell you more about it. Good luck!

Thank you! I ended up choosing Queens :)

Good luck! Hopefully they let you know soon!!

Thanks Rebekka - which school did you decide on? Congrats on your acceptances !

I still haven't heard anything from them since an email in February stating that they had received my application and that it was complete. My application summary hasn't changed from "written notification to follow" - wondering if anyone else is in this position. ...

I am still waiting too and no change has been made to my online status. I'm happy I haven't received a rejection letter, but I am slowly losing hope that I will ever hear anything! :( I understand your pain "PositiveOutlooks" I have tried calling, but I haven't been able to get through and I think I've been harassing them enough haha.

It just occurred to me... For those who have heard back from Dal - had you already completed and sent your final marks in for your pre-req courses (Phys & Anat) when you applied? I sent my transcripts within the last few weeks, since I have just completed them this semester and one was a later Athabasca course. I am wondering if those of us who are still in limbo are the ones who took them later... hmmmm.

I am still waiting too and no change has been made to my online status. I'm happy I haven't received a rejection letter, but I am slowly losing hope that I will ever hear anything! :( I understand your pain "PositiveOutlooks" I have tried calling, but I haven't been able to get through and I think I've been harassing them enough haha.

It just occurred to me... For those who have heard back from Dal - had you already completed and sent your final marks in for your pre-req courses (Phys & Anat) when you applied? I sent my transcripts within the last few weeks, since I have just completed them this semester and one was a later Athabasca course. I am wondering if those of us who are still in limbo are the ones who took them later... hmmmm.

My pre-req courses were completed and on my transcript by the application deadline, but maybe that could still have something to do with it?

It seems as though they haven't given much information to the people that have gotten ahold of them. I also noticed this on their admissions page:

"Protecting your privacy

In order to ensure privacy of information, we are unable to inform you of your wait list ranking or the status of individual applications. You will be notified of your status once the evaluation process has been completed."

I thought about emailing/calling too but it seems like they wouldn't be able to tell me anything I do not already know. I just wish they could give an estimate of the week they think the evaluation process would be completed or something like that!

Would anyone who got accepted in May mind letting those of us who are waiting know when you are supposed to accept or decline your offers by? :)

Just want to get an idea of when they may send more letters out.

Thanks !

On the letter that I received it mentioned that I have until June 17 to accept the offer and pay my deposit.

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the chances are for someone who isn't a maritime province resident to get into Dal OT? I'm thinking about applying next year but I know there are a limited number of seats for OOP (or...out of maritimes) applicants. Did anyone this year get in from outside of the maritime provinces? If so, could you share your GPA and perceived strength of your application with me?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived