Premed 101 Forums

Pathology Carms 2014

Hi everyone, any input on the CaRms process for Anatomical Pathology this year? More competitive/less competitive? I saw UBC spots got all filled first iteration this year.

Pathology is not a competitive specialty. Toronto fills in the first iteration because of the location and the diversity of opportunities there, so if you're interested in pathology and had done some electives it shouldn't be very hard to secure a position.

Other good programs are UBC, Dalhousie and Edmonton. UBC probably filled this year because of location too. In terms of educational quality, Western is probably the best since it has the best board pass rate of any school.

There were a lot more Canadian students than I had thought there would be on the tour this year, but I gather most were applying as a back up as many spots still went unfilled.

Any idea why U of T doesn't have a program description for anatomical pathology on the CaRMS website?

For Toronto, the AP, HP, med micro, and neuropath descriptions are all within their Lab Medicine program description.

Archived