Premed 101 Forums

St John Ambulance

Hey :)

I was just wondering if someone reading this is involved in St John Ambulance somewhere in Montreal. I applied to be a member of the West Island division back in January but they told me there were no training courses being offered at this time and they would contact me when one opened up. Well it's April now and apparently there is a "restructuring" in SJA so there are still no courses. I'd really like to start with courses in the summer but I'm worried now I'll never even get trained...Anyone have insider info/advice? Thanks in advance :)

I give first aid classes with Saint John Ambulance on the south shore (Boucherville, Longueuil etc), but not in Montreal. I don't know how things are in Montreal, but here we don't give the 2 day class you need very often (we don't have enough students) :(

I don't know about any restructuring, as far as I know we can still give classes and I gave one 3 weeks ago! I think the best you can do is contact them again, or contact another division. Some division are kinda ''dead'' while other are very active, maybe the West Island division is one of the dead one, or maybe they don't have a lot of trainers. You can also look here, maybe you'll be lucky :

http://www.sja.ca/English/Courses-and-Training/Pages/Quebec-Course-Schedule.aspx

Definitely try contacting other divisions. The one in West Island should be active from what I know, but if your contacting them is not working, try contacting the one active in Westmount/downtown. They are the biggest division, and they're anglophone as well. Good luck!

I give first aid classes with Saint John Ambulance on the south shore (Boucherville, Longueuil etc), but not in Montreal. I don't know how things are in Montreal, but here we don't give the 2 day class you need very often (we don't have enough students) :(

I don't know about any restructuring, as far as I know we can still give classes and I gave one 3 weeks ago! I think the best you can do is contact them again, or contact another division. Some division are kinda ''dead'' while other are very active, maybe the West Island division is one of the dead one, or maybe they don't have a lot of trainers. You can also look here, maybe you'll be lucky :

http://www.sja.ca/English/Courses-and-Training/Pages/Quebec-Course-Schedule.aspx

You need to take the 6 day Advanced Medical First Responder Level 1 course(sometimes taught at different lengths to allow for more or less practice) course to be able to volunteer with SJA on the Island of Montreal. The West Island division (777) is actually a very active division in Quebec. Athledemic, pm me if you want to discuss your inability to join at this time and as long as your credentials are fine, I'll help you get in when more courses become available to any of the Montreal (Region 06) divisions.

You need to take the 6 day Advanced Medical First Responder Level 1 course(sometimes taught at different lengths to allow for more or less practice) course to be able to volunteer with SJA on the Island of Montreal. The West Island division (777) is actually a very active division in Quebec. Athledemic, pm me if you want to discuss your inability to join at this time and as long as your credentials are fine, I'll help you get in when more courses become available to any of the Montreal (Region 06) divisions.

Oh, here (Montérégie) you can have the 2 day class and volunteer for a year before having to do the first respondar course (since it's not given very often... no more than once a year)

Archived