Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite! - Wait List Movement etc.

Not sure that we have enough information to say, since an official update doesn't come out until the 27th. Based on Ephemeros' post and the posts in the 'Accepted' thread I think that all we can say is that somewhere between 5 and 9 new invites have gone out. In2Infinity seems to be on the list but as far as I know hasn't said where, if they are lower than 9 then the movement has been less.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure that we have enough information to say, since an official update doesn't come out until the 27th. Based on Ephemeros' post and the posts in the 'Accepted' thread I think that all we can say is that somewhere between 5 and 9 new invites have gone out. In2Infinity seems to be on the list but as far as I know hasn't said where, if they are lower than 9 then the movement has been less.

For what it's worth, I'm at #10 and I haven't heard anything from NOSM yet.

For what it's worth, I'm at #10 and I haven't heard anything from NOSM yet.

I see, not even position 10 has heard anything yet... this is looking quite scary (so far at least).

I am in the mid teens, which on previous years has been successful at getting in. I am still hopeful for this year but the movement seems quite slow. I wish I could compare it to last year, seeing on this date how many spots it had moved.

I just received my acceptance email from NOSM for the Sudbury campus this morning. I was waitlisted at #10.

I'm a bit jeally you got into Sudbury...but I guess it is my fault for putting no preference. I honestly didn't think I had any shot at getting in at all, so I didn't bother researching the different locations. T-bay is just so far from everything!!

I'm a bit jeally you got into Sudbury...but I guess it is my fault for putting no preference. I honestly didn't think I had any shot at getting in at all, so I didn't bother researching the different locations. T-bay is just so far from everything!!

I saw your post in the group, I know you can switch. (told this by numerous people) Just get a hold of them as early as possible and come to the East!

That's atleast 43 filled as I only sent mine out today.

Only 21 people have joined the FB group as new incoming students.

Of course not everyone cares to join Facebook, uses Facebook or even knows that the page exists until class starts ... but yes there are at least 21 people :-) If some of the group members start trying to sell knock off Rolex watches then they might not be legit incoming class members as I have recently had all these requests for the NOSM EMIG page that aren't even NOSM students .... argh.

Beef

Hey everyone - just thought I would make an account to let you know that I was initially ranked #13 and have accepted my offer today. Best of luck to 14+!

thank you for that post! really helps me out, I just need 2 more people to back out and then I'm in! So close, but who knows.

Dear Ranked Waitlisted Applicant,

This is the 2nd update on the status of your position on the ranked waitlist for the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.

The following movement has occurred on the waitlist:

We have moved through the top 15 people on the waitlist, therefore the original #16 on the ranked waitlist list is now #1.

Thus others on the waitlist will move up accordingly.

class now consists of 61 confirmed accepted learners.

You will receive weekly updates on the status of the waitlist regularly until our class is filled.Thank you!

Northern Ontario School of Medicine

Not as much movement as I needed, heres to attempt number 5!

Hmm, I requested a site change, so unless nobody has declined from East campus, I feel like I should have been switched by now..

Also, can anybody remember from interview day, or current NOSM students, if NOSM records podcasts of all classes that you can watch later? I feel like this is a yes, but my interview days have somewhat all blurred together.

Best of luck to the rest of the waitlist! There is still lots of time until the first day of class.

Hmm, I requested a site change, so unless nobody has declined from East campus, I feel like I should have been switched by now..

Also, can anybody remember from interview day, or current NOSM students, if NOSM records podcasts of all classes that you can watch later? I feel like this is a yes, but my interview days have somewhat all blurred together.

Best of luck to the rest of the waitlist! There is still lots of time until the first day of class.

Should actually try calling them. Also may want to ask on the facebook page if anyone got placed on east campus and want to move.

No NOSM does not podcast all their lectures, except for when we are on placement.

You are likely thinking of when we are on placement in our 'ICE placements' in various communities then there are DTS lectures which are recorded lectures. So for 3 modules out of 11; modeule 106, 108, 110 there are recorded lectures for most of those, minus when you are on campus during those modules. Though there are no significant number of recorded lectures in modules 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 109, 111.

We had a couple of recorded lectures due to technical glitches that required the class to be able to access a video of the lecture and one lecturer chose to have imbedded audio into his power point presentation. But other than that no.

You do get power points though before the lectures which is often enough to study from however many lecturerer do not write in the speakers notes section so you are missing what a complex slide might be trying to draw your attention to. Also some lecturers in lecture will tell you "You do not need to know this for the exam this is just for your own interest' so being at the lecturer is important though some opt not to go. I wouldnt recommend not attending lecture.

I had two classmates who recorded all lectures though ... one just audio and an other video. You may have a classmate or two who chooses to do that and becomes a resources if you want to get a copy from them.

Beef

I echo Beef's sentiment, but would emphasize that lectures make up a moderate (at most) component of the learning in 1st and 2nd year. In third year, they make an almost negligible amount... I think that ultimately, the absence of a significant number of lectures is a bigger concern for a lot of people, than the specific format - since you'll be doing a lot of learning on your own, it almost doesn't matter.

That is definitely good to know, it is a bit strange thou as most schools do podcast all ofthe lectures. I don't intend to skip class, but everybody misses a class now and then. Julie pacifico told me if a spot became available I could transfer...I am also in Africa right now, so calling isn't really an option. So I guess I wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived