Premed 101 Forums

Rejected due to Professionalism Attributes

Y

Of course in reality now a days that is not really effective - it is assumed people have a digital presence after all, and naturally it is looked for. If you don't have an account it is unusual and thus raises questions - just like 30 years ago not having a phone number was unusual, and 10 years ago not having an email address etc. It is not Orwellian really - you chose to make all that information public - that choice is important as that is where the freedom lies, and is your complete and utter right to post whatever BUT you cannot claim privacy concerns on information you made public. It is out there and you have to assume anyone can access it.

Why is not having a facebook account such a big deal, I consciously made a decision to close my facebook acct 5 years ago, and have never been back since. I really hate it, and everytime I read a newspiece about facebook I hate it more, and am glad that I am no longer part of it. Is it so bad to honestly not have one? :confused:

(Side note - I do have a Linkedin profile so am wondering if that can count as 'social media'.. and not make me look like a weirdo for consciously going against the tide).

Archived