Premed 101 Forums

CFPC exams failures

Shiranai

I get the sense that some places have really harsh graders. A good number of people from my program failed this year. Any thoughts you guys?

IMO I think it is all subjective based on who you have grading.. Some examiners are just bitter that they didn't pass their first time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I get the sense that some places have really harsh graders. A good number of people from my program failed this year. Any thoughts you guys?

IMO I think it is all subjective based on who you have grading.. Some examiners are just bitter that they didn't pass their first time. 

I was a first time examiner this year and I can tell you that while it's impossible to eliminate subjectivity completely, the scoring sheets are about as objective as possible.

Your statement about examiners being bitter is way off base, and seems to only reflect your own bitterness. Approximately the same percentage of candidates fail year after year, some due to bad luck but most due to poor preparation and/or nerves on the day of the exam. 

If you failed, try to take ownership and study harder and smarter for the retake. Blaming others won't help you get ahead in life.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived