Premed 101 Forums

Earplugs?

Turk

Hey guys, I had a quick question.

I was wondering how loud it was in the test room, and if you guys recommended wearing ear plugs.

I wasn't sure if I should wear earplugs because my ear always rings (tinitus), and the ringing isn't normally bothersome, unless if I'm wearing earplugs; and if it wasn't too loud in the test room (e.g people talking while signing in/coughing or sneezing loudly), I wasn't planning on not wearing them.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I had a quick question.

I was wondering how loud it was in the test room, and if you guys recommended wearing ear plugs.

I wasn't sure if I should wear earplugs because my ear always rings (tinitus), and the ringing isn't normally bothersome, unless if I'm wearing earplugs; and if it wasn't too loud in the test room (e.g people talking while signing in/coughing or sneezing loudly), I wasn't planning on not wearing them.

Thanks!

I had no problem with noise (425 bloor in toronto, and Dewey College (Mississauga), yet I was wearing ear plugs and the ear plugs provided. I was wearing flip flops, and during breaks they made noise while I was walking back and forth to the break room. I imagine listening to that irritating sound would bug me during test conditions, I couldnt imagine writing without earplugs.

Are you allowed to bring your own earplugs jfourn?

Yes. They say to bring them in an unopened package. Last summer I brought them in an unopened package, and it did not seam to matter. This year I just brought two earplugs, and they did not care (others at the testing center brought their own too). Obviously they feel them to make sure they're real and that they don't have any hidden electronics in them.

Yes. They say to bring them in an unopened package. Last summer I brought them in an unopened package, and it did not seam to matter. This year I just brought two earplugs, and they did not care (others at the testing center brought their own too). Obviously they feel them to make sure they're real and that they don't have any hidden electronics in them.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

P.S. "they feel them." Germaphobe-me says omg.

Archived