Premed 101 Forums

abstracts on OMSAS

hello,

I have some questions ...

1) I have an abstract that was presented at two different conferences... should this be separated into two entries?

2) can you include accepted publications on your OMSAS?

3) Should a volunteer research position be put under research or volunteer?

Thx a bunch!

hello,

1) I have an abstract that was presented at two different conferences... should this be separated into two entries?

Thx a bunch!

1) Yes, I would just put that as one entry but in the description, write that it was presented at two different conferences.

2) Yes, you can even include publications "in preparation". Note that there's contradictory information here. OMSAS says to only include peer-reviewed literature (and I think UofT as well, but double check??), but Ottawa's website clearly states that you can include publications even if they're in preparation.

3) For the research section, put any conferences, abstracts, publications that came out of it. So for instance, if you got the NSERC, put the NSERC under "awards", but if you presented it at a conference and there was a pub, put that under "research". For publications, make sure to include what author you were (ie, 1st author, 2nd, etc. as well as the citation).

Thanks all for the responses!

What about second last author pubs?

LOL! If your name is on a scientific publication and you have space you're better off including it. Any publication for that matter, period!

hello,

Thx a bunch!

1)i think it's a good idea to separate conferences into individual submissions in order to fit relevant details.

2) accepted pubs is fine but I wouldn't include "submitted" or "in preparation" pubs.

3) evaluate your sketch as a whole and decide which section you can balance out more. if you're research heavy then maybe put in volunteer section.

definitely include all publications no matter where you are on author list.

Archived