Premed 101 Forums

Converting Your Percentage To Gpa

Hi,

This may be a silly question but it has been giving me a lot of trouble and worry. From what I gather from reading the forums, I understand that UBC PT GPA is based on a 4.0 scale. However my undergraduate program goes by a 4.33 scale. I was wondering if my last 30 credit percentage is 92% and for my prereq courses is 89, how would I convert this to a 4.0 scale? Is it simply taking 92% of 4.0; thereby giving me a 3.68 gpa?

The reason I ask is because I am reading forum posts from people saying that they got an interview with 85% or 88% in their last 30 credits. But on the other hand I'm reading posts about the cut offs being 3.72 GPA. I'm also reading about people with 3.9+ GPA applying, which is extremely impressive but it leaves me with doubt when I think about applying.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to clear this up.

I apologize if this has been a repost but after browsing and searching I could not find if anyone has talked about how to convert your percentage to GPA.

You assign each course a grade point average based on UBC's scale. Then you average each course's GPA to get your final GPA. For example, lets say your marks were 90,87, 84, and 78. According to UBC's GPA conversion scale, you'd get a 4.33, 4.10, 3.90, and 3.50. Then you average those GPA to get a 3.96. Hope this helps!

Archived