Premed 101 Forums

Contacted About Place Of Residence?

MUN admissions contacted me about my place of residence. They wanted additional confirmation so I sent on a letter. I'm curious whether anyone knows if they do this for everyone from Atlantic Canada or whether it means they're looking at my app more closely.

Oh dear, I did not get this :( Does this mean that my application wasn't even considered?

They may just not have needed any further information. The lady I spoke with mentioned how many addresses I've had (grew up in a military family) and said that might raise some questions.

They may just not have needed any further information. The lady I spoke with mentioned how many addresses I've had (grew up in a military family) and said that might raise some questions.

Thanks for the clarification! I had a bunch of addresses as well, it seemed a little ridiculous to list all the places I had lived since birth. 

Thanks for the clarification! I had a bunch of addresses as well, it seemed a little ridiculous to list all the places I had lived since birth.

I thought so as well. I was born in New Brunswick and lived there for three months before my dad was posted somewhere else and the person who contacted me asked about why I'm claiming PEI residency when I was born in NB. I face-palmed. I meet the PEI residency criteria, I made sure I did before I applied because they changed this year, but by ANY definition I'm an Island resident, which is what I expressed in my letter. Only reason I didn't grow up here is because my dad was active military - PEI has always been my home even though my address wasn't here until my husband and I could make the move.

I thought so as well. I was born in New Brunswick and lived there for three months before my dad was posted somewhere else and the person who contacted me asked about why I'm claiming PEI residency when I was born in NB. I face-palmed. I meet the PEI residency criteria, I made sure I did before I applied because they changed this year, but by ANY definition I'm an Island resident, which is what I expressed in my letter. Only reason I didn't grow up here is because my dad was active military - PEI has always been my home even though my address wasn't here until my husband and I could make the move.

Omg, that is certainly really confusing. Good thing that you were so thorough in checking out the requirements, you sound really confident in tackling the issue!

• 11 months later...

I just got called from the MUN admissions office about submitting a letter and my MCP card with a description of why I should be considered in province even though I have been living here for a long time, much longer than is required as per their website. It took me almost a year to get my MCP card so I was nervous about the date not lining up with what I put in my application. I offered my drivers license instead, which matches up almost perfectly with what I put on my application and they said they only want my MCP card. Does this seem weird to anyone else?

Archived