Premed 101 Forums

No Interview Invites Yet - Panic Mode?

HI everyone, I've applied to 30+ schools and was complete at most of them early-mid July (as I was advised to do). I have a 32 (12/9/11) and a 3.95 GPA with what I would consider good ECs. 

Is it a problem that I have yet to receive an ii, in addition to 7 rejections (albeit from schools such as BU, Georgetown, RFU, etc that receive over 13k apps)? I also have a handful of holds.

I don't know whether US schools glance over Canadians initially (although that is not true b/c there have been Canadians receiving iis so far), and look at them more thoroughly later in the cycle?

Is my panic justified, or should I be more patient throughout the cycle?

Thanks for any insight.

I think you're fine. If you head over to studentdoctornetwork, you'll notice that a lot of people are just getting their IIs this week. Be patient, I think with your numbers and the amount of schools you've applied to, at the very least you'll get a handful of interviews. 

I think you're fine. If you head over to studentdoctornetwork, you'll notice that a lot of people are just getting their IIs this week. Be patient, I think with your numbers and the amount of schools you've applied to, at the very least you'll get a handful of interviews. 

Thanks for your optimism! I'm an active member on SDN, so I know what's going on this week (acceptances, etc).

Hopefully you're right, and congrats on your acceptance!

Thanks for your optimism! I'm an active member on SDN, so I know what's going on this week (acceptances, etc).

Hopefully you're right, and congrats on your acceptance!

Hey man, 

I'm on the same boat as you, although I submitted my secondaries near the end of August and only applied to less than 10 schools that I really want to attend and I haven't heard anything either. Same GPA, higher MCAT. 

You have those stats and you haven't gotten a secondary yet? I don't know exactly how the US system works but I am applying with similar stats to yourself and I received secondaries from all the schools I applied to. And I applied very late. Can you contact the schools directly and ask or is that frowned upon? 

You have those stats and you haven't gotten a secondary yet? I don't know exactly how the US system works but I am applying with similar stats to yourself and I received secondaries from all the schools I applied to. And I applied very late. Can you contact the schools directly and ask or is that frowned upon? 

Very understandable mistake, but ii actually means "interview invite", not secondary. I was guilty of this too when I started scouring forums.

Archived