Premed 101 Forums

Just Received An Email Confirmed My Mcat Scores

Hello,

1st time applied to uManitoba, it's nice to receive an email for confirming my MCAT scores, which is really nice to know my application status and my MCAT scores are right.

Did uManitoba also send out emails to confirm GPA last cycle? Thanks.

That would be nice! Id love to know if I have a 4.5 or a 4, since McGill only goes up to 'A' on our transcripts...

You'll only get a 4 for the A grades.  I called them.  Really doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't have a conversion table to take that into account.  I guess it gives those who went to UofM (and other schools with 4.5 grades) a leg up.  Maybe that's what they want.

You'll only get a 4 for the A grades.  I called them.  Really doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't have a conversion table to take that into account.  I guess it gives those who went to UofM (and other schools with 4.5 grades) a leg up.  Maybe that's what they want.

Damn, I would think that essentially ends my chances (Im OOP with 12.375 operative MCAT, so basically average OOP applicant with the 4.5 if I got it). Ah well

Hi Hoote, did you call them this cycle or last cycle? Maybe uManitoba changed McGill's A to 4.3 or 4.25 recently? Did anyone have this info for this cycle?

• 2 weeks later...

That would be nice! Id love to know if I have a 4.5 or a 4, since McGill only goes up to 'A' on our transcripts...

Don't worry about it. They say its a 4 but I'm not entirely sure of this. There are a lot of McGill grads in my class, including myself, as well as below me. Your MCAT is king. 

Archived