Premed 101 Forums

Yukon Applicants Roll Call

MUN only has one Yukon spot, and we don't actually have a Yukon classmate this year, though that is because someone was offered a place and they decided to go to BC instead  :P I'm not sure if they were the only applicant or the only one who was offered acceptance/wait-list last year though, so I'm afraid I can't be any real help  :(  But that average obviously isn't too much of a downer, because you got an interview! So good luck though, and give it your all!

Rural doesn't help with getting an interview, and according to the admissions committee doesn't help with being offered a place or not even if you are interviewed.

Chances are slim, even as a BC (Yukon) resident, but way better than they used to be. Calgary will also give you a good shot. NOSM could be a good bet but they are pretty competitive too. Alberta seems to be pretty heavy on the GPA. Saskatchewan has changed their criteria recently and I don't know how it works anymore.

I can't believe there was no MUN Yukoner this year! Really? I didn't apply because I thought it was a competitive spot! 

I got my GPA up as a YT applicant by taking correspondence courses. I spent days and days in the YCollege library pulling off A+s. I think I got it up to 82-83% or so?

OP, feel free to PM me if you want more info. Do you know about the FB page for YT applicants?

Edited to add- just saw the word Yukon and didn't even notice that this was n the MUN subforum. I know virtually nothing about the MUN process. 

Archived