Premed 101 Forums

***** Carms 2015 Interview Discussion Thread *****

mmel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started receiving weird friend requests this week. For example, a nurse from an hospital where I don't work, with no friends in common. In fact she had very few friends in total (like 5).

I'm suspecting some programs are trying to access my facebook posts. Anyone got in the same situation?

PS: Before you ask, I did not change my facebook name like many other people because I don't think I have anything to hide, and I put the security on maximum on my profile. If you are not friend you can only see my profile picture (which is professional). But I don't really like people trying to violate my privacy.

I started receiving weird friend requests this week. For example, a nurse from an hospital where I don't work, with no friends in common. In fact she had very few friends in total (like 5).

I'm suspecting some programs are trying to access my facebook posts. Anyone got in the same situation?

PS: Before you ask, I did not change my facebook name like many other people because I don't think I have anything to hide, and I put the security on maximum on my profile. If you are not friend you can only see my profile picture (which is professional). But I don't really like people trying to violate my privacy.

uhhh... i think this is stretching it.....actually wouldn't be surprised if they did it but I doubt they would have the time to do that, maybe if you had some red flags or something

uhhh... i think this is stretching it.....actually wouldn't be surprised if they did it but I doubt they would have the time to do that, maybe if you had some red flags or something

Well what made me wonder is that request came from a nurse of a hospital where I never worked, but where I applied on carms. I'm usually not paranoid, but you have to admit this is pretty suspicious.

Well you can always accept the friend request and set the specific privacy settings for this person as customs. Thereforem only specific parts of your facebook page will be visible.

• 3 weeks later...

When Internal Medicine programs send out interview invites?

Do they all send out through a single link?

Is it like 6 AM in the morning, or interviews could be expected throughout the day?

Thanks 

Whatever the program, interview invites are sent by a secretary or by the program coordinator. So you can expect them in between 9am - 4 pm monday throught friday (plus or minus a few hours depending on the time zone of the program). They are no dates set by carms to send invites, every program decides when they are ready to send the invites. If they are not out yet, they should arrive in the next two weeks. 

Actually most IM programs send out invites on the same day (tomorrow?), and there is a common system for scheduling interviews. Programs that offer you an interview will appear as available to be scheduled on this online system; some may appear later in the day. That's how it worked before anyway. 

NO link yet. 

Looks like last year, the link was sent out the previous day.

The programs offering interviews would appear as green and the rejections in red.

Thats what I was told.

But, scheduling would start the next day.

So, you would know which programs have invited the previous day (Jan 5), but schedule the next day (Jan 6).

Archived