Premed 101 Forums

Asked To Withdraw From University

Hi,

I am working on my PT application for 2015 to UBC, UoA, Mac, UoT, Western, Queens. However, a question that they ask is if I have been asked to withdraw from a post secondary education.
About 5 years ago, I was required to withdraw due to low GPA but reaccepted back into the institution. I was wondering how this would affect my application. or if anyone else had this issue (probably not...)

I took an extra 3 years to increase my GPA to the point where my sGPA is is close to 3.9/4 or my average percentage for the 300/400 and prereqs for UBC is sitting at 90%. Also with over 300 volunteer hours, I feel like I would make a competitive applicant.

BUT I was wanting to know if that one checkmark stating that i was asked to withdraw from university would result in them tossing my application away. 

If that is the case, I would rather save my ~$700...

is there a chance that anyone else who is a current PT student that had this problem? :(

Please help! i am having major anxiety and i have no more nails on my fingers to chew off!

Not quite the same situation but I was accepted to UBC MD with having this on my record. It was about 15 years ago that I was asked to withdraw. There was no "check box" or anything but they definitely saw it and still deemed me admissable. 

This might be a good question to call the admissions office and ask.

Archived