Premed 101 Forums

special info

Guest QuestionMan23213

Guest QuestionMan23213

hey guys, thanks for all ur replies. do u think i could trouble you all for some more advice.

i wrote the august 2005 mcat, and didnt do as well as i wanted: i got 10/6/12/R =28R. I blew physics and verbal because of a girl i was sitting next to that was annoying me with weird sounds the whole time haha. Anyways, i was moved later by the invigilators upon my request and did better in the afternoon. i didnt report this problem to the aamc but talked to some med schools who said i could include this information if i want in an email and it will be considered. do u think it is wise to do this? do u think it makes me look like a big whiner? As it is now, given the lateness in the cycle, i dont think i havev the greatest chances so i am guessing anything would help at this point. my gpa is pretty good so i think its the 6 that is really the weakest point in my application.

Any thoughts?

QM

Guest leafs123

I dont think it would look bad if you included a letter outlining the conditions. I think what's important is getting a letter from AAMC themselves or having AAMC ackowledge your letter. Then it does not seem as if you whining/complaining because you can say "look here is my issue and AAMC agrees that it did impact on my performance on the test".

leafs123

Guest VwDubber
hey guys, thanks for all ur replies. do u think i could trouble you all for some more advice.

i wrote the august 2005 mcat, and didnt do as well as i wanted: i got 10/6/12/R =28R. I blew physics and verbal because of a girl i was sitting next to that was annoying me with weird sounds the whole time haha. Anyways, i was moved later by the invigilators upon my request and did better in the afternoon. i didnt report this problem to the aamc but talked to some med schools who said i could include this information if i want in an email and it will be considered. do u think it is wise to do this? do u think it makes me look like a big whiner? As it is now, given the lateness in the cycle, i dont think i havev the greatest chances so i am guessing anything would help at this point. my gpa is pretty good so i think its the 6 that is really the weakest point in my application.

Any thoughts?

QM

QM,

I'm not sure if I would include this info especially if you didn't report it to the AAMC. However, if you do decide to include this information, I would be prepared to explain to the schools how you managed to pull a 10 in PS since it was the first section of the day and you would have been sitting beside this annoying girl.

Either way ... g'luck ;)

Guest QuestionMan23213

Hey Vw,

i was pretty pissed off on the day it happened, but now i can laugh at it i guess since Ive already started abroad. I was surprised even at the 10 since i stopped writing at several instances because i was so distracted at times. I guess i just bagged enough marks to get a decent score on that section.

Anyways thanks for the advice, Im just going to send the information because at least that way I will know that I did everything in power to put forth a decent application, and its the honest truth. Anyway, here's to never having to write the MCAT again!! Now it will be the us mle haha.

good luck with ur studies,

QM

Archived