Premed 101 Forums

When Do Applicants Generally Hear From Canadian Schools?

Hi everyone, 
I just stumbled upon this site and while reading through all of your GPAs and volunteering makes me nervous for my own application, I'm really glad I found a community who's going through the process along with me!

I was wondering when applicants generally hear from Canadian schools? I have applied to almost every English-speaking school in Canada for OT. I know that ORPAS lets you know of acceptances on May 15th *gulp*, but I can't seem to find any information on the general time that other schools let us know? For that matter, do we hear if we are rejected ahead of time, or are we left waiting until acceptance day for that, too? 

Thank you! Good luck to everyone on their applications! This is such an exciting time!

hi :) it depends on where. UBC is earliest I believe with admissions decisions coming out around late March, early April. Ontario schools release admissions decisions May 15th, and McGill says mid-May (so likely around the 15th as well). I'm not sure about the other schools! Hopefully someone applying to those schools can comment.

Edit: You interview mid-May for McGill, and likely hear back about admissions by the end of May.

Archived