Premed 101 Forums

Remediation In Residency

I think it would depend on what program you are in and why you need remediation. I don't know if it is as big a deal as when you were a clerk/med student, but you probably want to make sure you have a good plan in regards to your remediation and you are receiving constant feedback from staff regarding achieving your set goals.

I'm not sure how it would affect fellowships? Are you royal college or CCFP? I would think pursing the EM program with the CCFP would be tricky if you had to remediate as that is pretty darn competitive as is - but truthfully I really don't know... 

I have seen this a few times already in residency and it obviously has some potential consequences down the line. The biggest issue of course is simply getting through the remediation in the first place as the residency position in on the line. The long term effect would depend on the career goals. Not to be all gloom and doom of course - depends on what your plans are down the line.

I have seen this a few times already in residency and it obviously has some potential consequences down the line. The biggest issue of course is simply getting through the remediation in the first place as the residency position in on the line. The long term effect would depend on the career goals. Not to be all gloom and doom of course - depends on what your plans are down the line.

When you say you've seen it do you mean you've seen people go through it? Any anecdotal advice for how it turned out?

My future career plans hopefully involve subspecialization. Not an extremely competitive one but nonetheless I'm assuming the more competitive positions/locations for fellowship would be more difficult to come by?

Archived