Premed 101 Forums

Carms - Unmatched, Mixed Feelings Or Just Plain Feeling Shitty?

I matched to #6 out of 16. I was pretty disappointed not to get my first choice, and the place I matched to, I really wasn't expecting to get. So it was a bit of a shock, but the more time I have to process, the better I feel about it. I think I'm going to end up really happy there, once I wrap my mind around it and get settled.

I matched to #6 out of 16. I was pretty disappointed not to get my first choice, and the place I matched to, I really wasn't expecting to get. So it was a bit of a shock, but the more time I have to process, the better I feel about it. I think I'm going to end up really happy there, once I wrap my mind around it and get settled.

hahaha this forum is for the UNMATCHED. You matched you should be happy :)

Sometimes being matched may feel shitty too ... especially if it wasn't something that you wanted and had your hopes pinned on something else. I think overall it works out in the end. 

Initially it does feel shitty though - because you might be losing your community, and social supports, your friends, and it sucks that everyone around you got their first picks and you start asking yourself the "why me" questions? 

So I think "you matched you should be happy" is not accurate.

Sometimes being matched may feel shitty too ... especially if it wasn't something that you wanted and had your hopes pinned on something else. I think overall it works out in the end. 

Initially it does feel shitty though - because you might be losing your community, and social supports, your friends, and it sucks that everyone around you got their first picks and you start asking yourself the "why me" questions? 

So I think "you matched you should be happy" is not accurate.

Absolutely. It felt a little shitty initially for the reasons you mentioned. I'm feeling much happier about it now and I think I'll have an excellent experience where I matched, but I have friends who still feel terrible about where they matched, which is too bad.

I'd give my right arm to have matched at the bottom of my list. Going unmatched is hell.

sorry to hear you didn't match - it really isn't any fun. Seems this year I am running into more people than I expected in that state. Western had double the usual number unmatched this year after a bit of a good run.

Archived