Premed 101 Forums

College Licence In A Different Province

Hi, I'm trying to get info for getting licensed by my new College for residency training.  I'm stumped at the following two required items:

1. A Certificate of Good Standing from any licensing authority that you have been registered with if you are coming from a different country or province

2. PCRC#

For the first item, I've sent an email to the College in my province. Is that the right licensing authority?
For the second item, I have no idea...

1. Are you going to a different country or province than the one that the chair/bench/stool/couch you are currently sitting in is located?  Then the answer is yes (and if you're a Canadian M4 it's probably superfluous, but nobody asked me).   

If you did an elective in another province you should include that province's College in your application for completeness.  If you did an elective in another country, you technically should include that.   Having said that, and I am in no way condoning this, I know several physicians who did clerkship or residency electives in third world nations (and held temporary licences there) who decided that since it would take literally *years* to get confirmation from their host country that they'd done a weeks-to-months elective there, that they'd just "forget" that they'd done that elective and not include it in their application.  Hasn't harmed any of them yet as far as I can tell (and not all of them are junior staff) but you're on your own if you try this.

On the flip side of that, "forgetting" that you were practicing in another country can get you in big trouble with the College, especially if you're under some sort of sanction in your home province.  There have been a couple of cases of this in Dialogue in the last year, for instance.

2. No idea, sorry.

Archived