Premed 101 Forums

Info On Queen's Pt

Does anyone have any insight on how Queen's PT is like? I know UT & Western are more textbook based whereas Mac is problem-based learning. But what about Queens? I haven't found much info on it online. How would you compare it to the other programs? 

You are absolutely right-and I mean no disrespect to Queens. All schools in Canada are excellent. I did my first two degrees there and I LOVE the school and nothing would make me happier than to be able to choose Queens for PT. However, I stand by my claim that Queens has nothing "exceptional" going for it. It doesn't mean its not great. One of my mentor PT's graduated from Queens and is amazing. However, UofT has amazing research opportunities and amazing clinical placements. Mac has NSS and pioneered PBL. Queen's, although being an excellent program, doesn't have anything exceptional that separates its program from the other ones. So again, our colleagues who graduate from Queen's are amazing, and will be just as capable and awesome as anyone else. However, for myself, PBL/NSS and research/ amazing placements means that Queen's is not a school that is for me. 

If anyone wants to add exceptional things that Queen's does have-please do! I have talked to numerous students, as well as the admission coordinator and no one was able to give me something that was "exceptional" (as in set it apart from the other schools). I would love to be able to change my opinion of the Queen's program, but so far haven't been given much evidence :) 

You are absolutely right-and I mean no disrespect to Queens. All schools in Canada are excellent. I did my first two degrees there and I LOVE the school and nothing would make me happier than to be able to choose Queens for PT. However, I stand by my claim that Queens has nothing "exceptional" going for it. It doesn't mean its not great. One of my mentor PT's graduated from Queens and is amazing. However, UofT has amazing research opportunities and amazing clinical placements. Mac has NSS and pioneered PBL. Queen's, although being an excellent program, doesn't have anything exceptional that separates its program from the other ones. So again, our colleagues who graduate from Queen's are amazing, and will be just as capable and awesome as anyone else. However, for myself, PBL/NSS and research/ amazing placements means that Queen's is not a school that is for me. 

If anyone wants to add exceptional things that Queen's does have-please do! I have talked to numerous students, as well as the admission coordinator and no one was able to give me something that was "exceptional" (as in set it apart from the other schools). I would love to be able to change my opinion of the Queen's program, but so far haven't been given much evidence :)

i didn't know someone already posted a question like this.. I was just going to ask everyone which school is 'best'.  your insight has really answered a lot of questions for me, thank you.    I want to suggest everyone else, as i notice a good number of past/present PT students come on this to answer questions.  biased opinion and statements in this case would be great, I want to know everything about the schools in Ontario, particularly Queens, UT and Mac as in my eyes these three are top.  thanks in advance for the information.

I think I'll add a bit of an amendment to my post: 

When I say exceptional, I should have said "what makes it different". All schools in Ontario are equally exceptional, but what I (and I think the poster above) would like to know, is what makes Queen's different, to ensure my goals and aspirations align well with the school I pick. As someone who is highly interested in research UofT seems like a good option, as I believe I will have more opportunities to seek out additional research opporunties in the future . What is different about Queens (this is getting at the heart of what I meant when I say "what makes it exceptional") :) 

Archived