Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Decision

Unless they went through all the people from the 4.0 category and the those with 3.97+ in the 3.5 category. The 3.97 that you see are the remaining applicants in the 3.5 interview category. Or, those with higher GPAs simply didn't post there. Anything is possible, only time will tell. But it is surprising for them to go through 3 interview categories!

Is the final interview score an average of the three interviewers?

For example if the first interviewer scores the applicant 3.5/4, the second 4/4 and the third 4/4. That would make the average 3.83. If this is true than there are more than 9 possible interview scores that an applicant may receive. I'm not sure though 

A lot of people get off the waitlist and don't post their stats so the stats collected by the previous poster do make sense. They could have very well went all the way from 4.0 to 3.9 and onto the next 4.0 in the next lower interview group yet all that is known to us is that they went from 3.97-3.95 and then to 4.0 again. Maybe the people in between did not post since apparently there is an average movement of 60 spots yet I doubt even 1/3 of them posted. their stats previously.

Yes then there's way more. They may just take the mode or the mean if it equals an actual interview score (2.5, 3.5, and 3.0 for example would be 3.0). We don't know. I know someone called or emailed last year to ask when they would start giving out waitlist offers and they responded.

Is the final interview score an average of the three interviewers?

For example if the first interviewer scores the applicant 3.5/4, the second 4/4 and the third 4/4. That would make the average 3.83. If this is true than there are more than 9 possible interview scores that an applicant may receive. I'm not sure though 

Counting the GPA Spikes for 2014 (2 spikes), they seem to have gone through the entire 3.5 and 3.0 interview categories and some even in the 2.5 interview category, which is strange! In my opinion, it would make a lot more sense if each interviewer would assign a score between 0 and 4 to an interviewee and then the overall interview score would be the average of those individual scores. Each applicant would then be assigned a composite score (your overall interview score + GPA). And since they value interviews more:

"Candidates with the highest interview score will be offered first in the order of their composite score, followed by those with the next highest interview score and so on" - http://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/offers-admission

Counting the GPA Spikes for 2014 (2 spikes), they seem to have gone through the entire 3.5 and 3.0 interview categories and some even in the 2.5 interview category, which is strange! In my opinion, it would make a lot more sense if each interviewer would assign a score between 0 and 4 to an interviewee and then the overall interview score would be the average of those individual scores. Each applicant would then be assigned a composite score (your overall interview score + GPA). And since they value interviews more:

"Candidates with the highest interview score will be offered first in the order of their composite score, followed by those with the next highest interview score and so on" - http://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/offers-admission

Yup, that is exactly what I think

Archived