Premed 101 Forums

Western Waitlist

Hello,

Did anyone get any word from Western regarding the PT placement in the waitlist? in the e-mail they said:

"We do not release information related to your exact position on the waiting list. This information is not made available however you will receive shortly an email giving you further information about your waitlist placement."

I didn't get that e-mail.

I found this info in the law school section so not sure if it applies to OT or PT but thought I'd share. I guess on your admission letter from Western you'll have one of the following statements which will show your rank on the waiting list. Based on what mine said, I might be a normal rank. Again I have I have no idea if this is accurate as it's from Western Law School but I thought I'd throw it out there. 

"High

"In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

Normal

"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List."

Low

"Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission. While there are no certainties, we wanted to communicate this information to you in an attempt to allow you to be as informed as possible in making decisions about your future.""

http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/84530-2015-waitlist-support/

@ONTOT 

Yes but we did not receive that information. We don't know whether we are High, Normal, or Low on the waitlist. 

I have a feeling this information is going to be available AFTER the first round offers expire.

My email also said middle third. maybe 2 people wrote the emails and used second/middle???

I would think second and middle are the same ??? But there must be some sort of difference, otherwise they would have used the same Vocabulary .... Right ? I'm so confused.

My email was from a Melanie

I would think second and middle are the same ??? But there must be some sort of difference, otherwise they would have used the same Vocabulary .... Right ? I'm so confused.

My email was from a Melanie

Why do they do this to ussssss????? They must know we are all stressed out, anxiety filled students over analysing every detail! (I would think second and middle thirds are the same thing too. mine was from melanie too)

^yeah I was quite surprised by how exhaustive the waitlist seemed to be... I can't imagine there will be that much movement to need such a long waitlist

Based on a post in accepted/rejected thread from last year, an applicant who was on the middle waitlist for PT at Western got accepted. Of course things change from year to year. It would be nice to know how many people were on the waitlist last year so we could guess a little better. 

Based on a post in accepted/rejected thread from last year, an applicant who was on the middle waitlist for PT at Western got accepted. Of course things change from year to year. It would be nice to know how many people were on the waitlist last year so we could guess a little better. 

I had asked someone and they told me that last year's waitlist was about 100. 

Wow, this is for PT? Can't imagine why they'd suddenly have so many more people on their waitlist. Maybe they expect more people to come off it this year? 

Yes for PT. I am not too sure. I remember people on the UofT waitlist this year saying they were #118. Maybe all the schools are just making their waitlists longer. Western has gone into their mid third last year. I am guessing it might not get past top third this year since the waitlist is twice as long. 

I had asked someone and they told me that last year's waitlist was about 100. 

Who did you ask? 

I thought it was similar from last year. Someone from Western asked front office and they said that usually the wait list is +/- 10 people from previous years. 

Archived