Premed 101 Forums

French Requirement

Bonjour,

Pardon-moi, mon Francais est mauvaise. I was wondering about the requirements of U of Sher, as I can't properly read French (yet). Also, is it advisable to start learning French seriously over the next 2-3 years and apply to Sherbrooke? Is an Mcat required?

Thank you, Merci,

No MCAT is required. All that is considered are your grades and the Interviews (MEMFI). Since the MEMFI are in french exclusively, it is advised that you speak decent french. 

You can look up how many spots are available and admission requirements depending on where you live on their website: https://www.usherbrooke.ca/doctorat-medecine/admission/questions-en-rafale/donnees-saillantes/

• 3 months later...

I'm wondering the same thing about applying to Sherbrook. I already speak french, and am just questioning whether or not it would be worth the money to bother applying. I have good spoken french/written, and very good comprehension. I got over and 80 on my B2 a few years ago, and my french has improved since then. However, none of my university education was in french. Should I bother applying, or would a mid-level, heavily accented french speaker like myself just have no chance?

Archived