Premed 101 Forums

Signature On Prescriptions - Different From Your Actual Signature?

Agree with the general sentiment - I have a signature for professional stuff, mainly because I often have to sign quickly and write my last name and pager / credentials behind. Also, Ina completely bizarre way, I initially decided to use a different signature because of this unreasonable fear that someone is going to copy my signature on one of the prescriptions I write, and try to use my credit card with it or something. Therefore, signing differently would allow me to identify where the signature came from

I am planning to get a custom stamp with my name, credentials, CPSO number, and pager number made (because we keep the same pager for all of PGY1).  Then when I write a note or something I will just stamp and sign under the stamp.  I expect that this will save me a lot of time, especially on writing out my full name (which is, as I said, long).

I'd get a signature stamp too if I thought I could get away with it, but that would basically defeat the purpose of a signature.

I have an initial I use on orders in hospital.

I have a full signature I use on rx.

I have a legal signature I use on legal documents.

Like Ellorie said, the more tired I am, the more likely I will use the shorter one.

This. It's always interesting comparing a signature from the beginning of a call shift to the end of a shift.

I am planning to get a custom stamp with my name, credentials, CPSO number, and pager number made (because we keep the same pager for all of PGY1).  Then when I write a note or something I will just stamp and sign under the stamp.  I expect that this will save me a lot of time, especially on writing out my full name (which is, as I said, long).

I'd get a signature stamp too if I thought I could get away with it, but that would basically defeat the purpose of a signature.

Just be careful of triplicates and other forms like that.

Archived