Premed 101 Forums

Hi, Im wondering if anyone can answer my question about how UofA does there GPA calculation... If going back into my last 60 credits brings me into the middle of a semester, how do they pick which course to take for the calculation? Do they take the highest mark? 

Thanks in advance! 

Some may do that, but many places (for example the School of Public Health graduate programs) will not discriminate.

Take this example

Student with a Bachelors degree with 120 credits

y1 30, 3 credits received from IB

y2 30

y3 27

y4 30

Your 60 credit GPA instead becomes 87, since your most recent 2 yrs only total 57, they won't pick and choose the last 3 credits, instead opting to take your entire year into the calculation (in this example y2 with 30 credits).

Other programs may choose the highest or lowest or average the year (or semester) then make it weigh your remainder... contact the school for the specifics.

Best wishes,

- G

What he asked for was what U of A PT did, and what I answered is what U of A PT does, as per their website, and as per their school's academic counselor.

Some schools take the average of the entire year (eg., all Ontario PT and OT schools), but U of A takes the average of the nearest semester instead.

Archived