Premed 101 Forums

International/french Baccalaureate

Hello fellow Premeds,

I come from the French baccalaureate therefore I've been admitted in 2014 at UofO with one year of credits. As a result, I am currently going into my third year so I'm eligible to apply right now.

PROBLEM • Lycées or IBs are high schools not post-secondary education - how do I fill in the prerequisites if I can't send in my transcripts? Is my last year of HS considered as my 1st year of UG? Any advice on how I can fill in my OMSAS application?

PS: I've called and emailed adcoms - they never answer.

As far as my knowledge extends you need to have completed 2 undergraduate years before you apply. I had ib credits for a full year but only could apply after I had 2 years of coursework. The idea is that you need 3 years full time no matter way. You can't circumvent that with having one year of credits and one year of classes.

As per putting in those marks I didn't. I submitted my transcript to omsas and just indicated which credits I was using for their pre req requirements

Thank you for your response.
But are we not comprable to Cégep? They were admitted with the same credits yet they are recognized and we aren't! 'The College (or CEGEP) studies will be recognized as being equivalent to one year of postsecondary university studies, provided that the candidate has obtained his/her diploma.... applicants from Quebec (CEGEP) must complete in addition two years of full-time studies' (Med.uottawa.ca)

• 2 weeks later...

As far as my knowledge extends you need to have completed 2 undergraduate years before you apply. I had ib credits for a full year but only could apply after I had 2 years of coursework. The idea is that you need 3 years full time no matter way. You can't circumvent that with having one year of credits and one year of classes.

As per putting in those marks I didn't. I submitted my transcript to omsas and just indicated which credits I was using for their pre req requirements

Wait, sorry, so IB marks dont have to be individually entered into OMSAS then?

(But you do need to order IB transcripts?)

(Shoot, how do you do that again? Frrrick!).

Wait, sorry, so IB marks dont have to be individually entered into OMSAS then?

(But you do need to order IB transcripts?)

(Shoot, how do you do that again? Frrrick!).

From what I'm seeing on the application, if the credits you received covered any of your prereqs, you will have to contact the IB school board and tell them to send your transcripts to OMSAS.

Also, you do not have to input the individual marks yourself - as I put IB as a diploma (not undergraduate), I was not prompted to do so.

Archived