Premed 101 Forums

Hoe much do they know you?

Guest MDFEVER

Guest therealcrackers

Depends on the school. At UWO, the interviewers know your name, but don't have access to your autobiographical sketch. They give you the chance to promote what is important and interesting about you. I can't comment on the other schools, but I'm sure some of my colleagues will...

Guest Lactic Folly

I'd be interested to know how much information interviewers at each school have about you (resume, essay, etc.).. especially U of A and U of C.. if anyone knows? Thanks.

First post on the board! :D

Guest summervirus

The UofC and UofA are very similar.

If my memory serves me correctly, the interviewers at the UofC have access to all your non-academic submissions (essay, extracurricular involvement, employment history, etc.) Some of the questions they ask you will be based on these submissions.

They don't have any information about your academic history (unless you somehow disclosed it in your essay). They don't have a record of your personal background either. I recall that my interviewer tried to prod me to reveal my age... but, I didn't tell him.

At the UofA, they read your essay and your resume (which is not scored with your application) beforehand. In many instances, people have told me that a lot of the questions they faced during the interview were derived from the essay and resume submissions.

Again, they do not know anything about your academic or personal profile... unless you somehow disclosed it in your resume or essay.

And, just as an aside, I applied to Queen's too... and it's the same deal there. The interviewers only have access at your autobiographical sketch. (I don't believe they have access to your answers to their 5 questions... at least they never asked me anything about my answers).

Queen's: summervirus is right, the three interviewers will have your autobiographical sketch, but not your essays. Don't know specifically about age, gpa, city, university or programme but it's all prolly on your sketch anyway.

Saskatchewan: absolutely nothing at all other than your name.

Archived