Premed 101 Forums

Hi everyone,

Memorial's website mentions they have an MCAT score cut-off and that the average MCAT for all accepted students was ~10s in each section.

I realize we can only speculate on this, but what is your guess for the oop cutoff number? I guess I'm really just trying to see if I should be applying with (10P, 11V, 11B)?

Thanks

As far as I know, there is no 'cut-off' for MCAT scores that prevents applications from being reviewed in their entirety (anyone else with more insight on this can correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, the OOP pool is extremely competitive, and with a 32 you'll just have to make sure you're competitive with the  GPA, EC's and essay portions of the application (32 is a great score, however you should be prepared for tough competition considering the ratio of number of applicants to number of seats available in the OOP pool). Of course, it goes without saying that if you're invited, your interview performance is also extremely important - if you do some digging on the forum here for results, you'll see that some applicants with very high MCAT scores were not accepted post-interview. Looking great on paper is important for being considered, but definitely not the determining factor in successful admission. You won't know if you don't try!

As far as I know, there is no 'cut-off' for MCAT scores that prevents applications from being reviewed in their entirety (anyone else with more insight on this can correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, the OOP pool is extremely competitive, and with a 32 you'll just have to make sure you're competitive with the  GPA, EC's and essay portions of the application (32 is a great score, however you should be prepared for tough competition considering the ratio of number of applicants to number of seats available in the OOP pool). Of course, it goes without saying that if you're invited, your interview performance is also extremely important - if you do some digging on the forum here for results, you'll see that some applicants with very high MCAT scores were not accepted post-interview. Looking great on paper is important for being considered, but definitely not the determining factor in successful admission. You won't know if you don't try!

Thanks Med30s!

Archived