Premed 101 Forums

Waterloo Pharmacy Requirements

purplemermaid

I was wondering if microbiology is required for pharm at Waterloo? I'm in Med Sci 2nd year at Western and  my courses are: orgo, biochem, research methods, genetics, cell bio, stats, psych, and physiology. 

If microbiology and immunology is required I'm gonna have to try to get special consideration to get a spot because the class is full, or should I take it in the summer because my course load is pretty heavy second semester. 

Also, for the humanities 2.0 required, I have an english transfer credit from highschool (IB), and took Psychology 1000 in first year. Would those be enough to satisfy the requirement?

I was wondering if microbiology is required for pharm at Waterloo? I'm in Med Sci 2nd year at Western and  my courses are: orgo, biochem, research methods, genetics, cell bio, stats, psych, and physiology. 

If microbiology and immunology is required I'm gonna have to try to get special consideration to get a spot because the class is full, or should I take it in the summer because my course load is pretty heavy second semester. 

Also, for the humanities 2.0 required, I have an english transfer credit from highschool (IB), and took Psychology 1000 in first year. Would those be enough to satisfy the requirement?

I am pretty sure microbio is required: https://uwaterloo.ca/pharmacy/future-students/academic-requirements (it looks like you can take this through Waterloo online if you are having a trouble getting into the class at your school). I'm not sure about the humanities courses (I think it changed since when I was going to apply), but from reading the academic requirements briefly it looks like you need 0.5 credit in English in addition to 2.0 humanities credits. You should definitely e-mail admissions to clarify, like the above poster said. 

Archived