Premed 101 Forums

Chances At U Of T With High Gpa But Low Dat?

I thought I was going to be ready for the DAT but I planned things poorly so I am not ready for the upcoming DAT in November.

At this point, I have no time to study because of all the midterms.

I have a 3.97 GPA and based on my last DAT experience, I "think" I will get 19 in biology section, 20 in chemistry section, 20 in PAT section, and 19 in reading section.

Would it be possible for me to get an invite with these stats? I'm only looking to apply to U of T and Western.

You should remember that there is a range of scores that qualify people. For example, if you look at U os Sas. people have been accepted with 14,15, and 16's on particular sections. I am sure the rest of their application was decent, however my point still stands: lots of variety in applications exists. 

19-20 might not be excellent, but it is not terrible, far from it actually. Given your  gpa, don't count your self out :)

Thank you so much for the replies.

One more question - if I do poorly on bio (e.g. 18) and do well on chemistry section (say, 24), can my AA score fall into average range?

In this case, do they only care about the overall AA score or would they still look at individual component (bio and chem individually)

Archived