Premed 101 Forums

Drop Out?

One semester does NOT define your application.... Stick with it and improve. I know it's easy to say but it'll benefit you in the long run.

Keep these things in mind:

1) some schools drop your worst year

2) some schools consider only full years (10 courses) thus you could take 4 courses next semester and this year will NOT count for your GPA.

3) you have 35 courses left in your degree.. lots of time to make your GPA stronger

4) there is a range of GPA's that get accepted. Often schools only publish the average, not the minimum (stats are not fully representative of bottom feeders).

By the way, I found first year the most difficult because of the transition and style of courses (survey). Try to take as many easy electives as you can and keep working hard. If you do this I am sure you'll be successful in whatever path you choose :-)

One semester does NOT define your application.... Stick with it and improve. I know it's easy to say but it'll benefit you in the long run.

Keep these things in mind:

1) some schools drop your worst year

2) some schools consider only full years (10 courses) thus you could take 4 courses next semester and this year will NOT count for your GPA.

3) you have 35 courses left in your degree.. lots of time to make your GPA stronger

4) there is a range of GPA's that get accepted. Often schools only publish the average, not the minimum (stats are not fully representative of bottom feeders).

By the way, I found first year the most difficult because of the transition and style of courses (survey). Try to take as many easy electives as you can and keep working hard. If you do this I am sure you'll be successful in whatever path you choose :-)

Deleted

Breathe child. Breathe.

I got a 3.3 in my first year. Not first term. First year. 

I got a 3.99 and 4.0 in the  next two years

Western and UofT will either take 2 years, or drop your worst, so I would be fine to apply to either-and you're doing 10x better than I was then

3.7 is fabulous by the way for your first term. Better than most people by far. 

Archived