Premed 101 Forums

Full Course Load At Western?

I'm a little confused with how the GPA is calculated when you take more than 5 courses. I went on the website and this was what it said: "When students take more than 5 full courses during any September to April academic year, the five best full or equivalent courses will be used in the calculation of GPA admission cutoffs."

So for example if my grades were like this (fyi this is what my school schedule/year is like right now):

Fall

Course 1: B

Course 2: B

Course 3: C

Course 4: A

Course 5: D

Winter:

Course 6: A

Course 7: A

Course 8: B

Course 9: A

Course 10: B

Course 11: B

Course 12: A

Would Western just calculate my GPA using my top 10 grades from these courses? Also one of the courses I took in fall is a lab course and also "course 12" is a seminar so it started in Sept and ends in April. I don't know if that plays a factor. But otherwise, all my other courses are just semester classes. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it!

Looks like 5 A's and 5 B's to me, with the C and the D ignored.  But it has been a long time since I've had to worry about these things, so you'd best check with the school if you're really concerned.  

Or you could just apply anyway and hope for the best.  Is there anything you can change at this point anyway? 

Actually, I'm a little unclear how you already know what your grades will be for the winter term.  Do you mind letting me know what the lottery numbers are for next week?

Archived