Premed 101 Forums

University Of Calgary Gpa Calculation

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the gpa and Dal Med. Is it true that you have to apply a few times to actually get in?

Also, what sort of chances do I have to land an interview at least after I complete my MBA?

Stats:

Nursing degree gpa out of 4.0

Year 1 - 3.10

Year 2 - 3.0

Year 3 - 2.74

Year 4 - 2.86

MBA gpa out of 4.3

Currently enrolled in second year sitting at 4.3/4.3

RN experience over 5 years.

Volunteering for last 15 years

Healthcare management experience - less than 1 year

Age - 34

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the gpa and Dal Med. Is it true that you have to apply a few times to actually get in?

Also, what sort of chances do I have to land an interview at least after I complete my MBA?

Stats:

Year 1 - 3.10

Year 2 - 3.0

Year 3 - 2.74

Year 4 - 2.86

MBA gpa out of 4.3

Age - 34

Please don't spam multiple threads with the same message. You don't even have the decency to edit your post so that it applies to the thread you're posting in. This is the UofC thread, not Dal. Lastly, do some research before you come on the forums and ask questions that can be easily answered by simply going to the school's website. If you simply take a look at the minimum GPA requirements for each school you'll most likely get the answer to your question.  

Hi,

Stats:

Year 1 - 3.10

Year 2 - 3.0

Year 3 - 2.74

Year 4 - 2.86

MBA gpa out of 4.3

Age - 34

When you're complete your MBA, you should be able to have your grad gpa take the place of one of your undergrad gpa years. I believe you will still also be able to drop one further year from your undergrad. So that will leave your best 3 years with you cumulative grad gpa (whatever it is) plus your two best undergrad years of 3.10 and 3.0. From a gpa perspective, it will still be challenging to receive an interview with your weighted gpa. Perhaps your volunteering and other experiences may help to balance this out, but I still suspect it will be very challenging. 

Year 1 - 3.10

Year 2 - 3.0

Year 3 - 2.74

Year 4 - 2.86

Age - 34

If your undergrad degree was 10 or more years ago you could theoretically qualify for the 10 year exclusion rule, but I think you would need additional current undergrad experience in order to apply. Simply speaking, you could erase your GPA from your nursing degree and then do 2 years of undergrad study in order to qualify for med with a better GPA. No idea if that's an option at any other schools.

Archived