Premed 101 Forums

OOP letter

Guest Valani9

Guest Valani9

I just got a letter (regular mail). I was accepted as an OOP student, off the waitlist.

Dal was a top choice for me. It's too bad that I heard so late.

I'll likely be declining today. In case anyone's waiting, that'll open a spot.

Cheers

Guest Blackbird15

yep, me too. I got the news a couple of days ago. I'll be turning them down too (for McGill). Dalhousie is a great, awesome school and I had a wonderful time there during my interview. Unfortunately, it's just too far away from home.

Valani, may I ask what school you picked instead of Dal?

take care,

Blackbird

Guest Valani9

Blackbird,

I'm going to Queen's. It's a great school; close to home, but not too close.

Enjoy Montreal. It's my favorite place in the world, and I'll be back....

Cheers

Guest gonzo23

Hello,

Seems that you guys both applied to the 2 schools I want to attend for MEd (Dal and McGill). What stats did you have to get an interview at these schools. I have a 3.84 and am re-writing the MCAT (got 6-12-11-O last year).

I am on the fence of whether to apply at all if in the end I won't have much of a chance being OOP.

Guest Blackbird15

Hey gonzo,

I'm a quebec resident, so I applied as an in-province resident to McGill. I don't know what the chances are for admission for an OOP. I think that, at mcgill, once you meet their minimum requirements (3.5 GPA, 30 MCAT), they only consider your autobiographical essay (and ref letters?) to decide whether or not to give you an interview. I had to apply as OOP to Dal. My stats were 3.77 (OMSAS GPA) and 11/12/12/P on the MCAT. At Dal, the chances for OOPs isn't too bad. Apparently, only 100-150 OOPs apply for 8 spots. I think its definitely worth it to apply to both schools; they're both excellent schools and relatively OOP-friendly (though obviously not as much as the ontario schools), and their application process isn't too onerous. Hope this is helpful!

take care,

Blackbird

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toonces

I just got my OOP notification (via email as well as phone) of acceptance, but I've already accepted Toronto. So the OOP waitlist is definitely still moving, if anyone on this board is still waiting..

Archived