Premed 101 Forums

Split -- Fee For Service

shimshim

depends on location (urban vs rural) and type of practice setting (i.e. what are you getting for your money - secretaries? nurses? EMR?...)

IMO it's best to compare with similar clinics in your area to see if what you're being offered is competitive.

25% overhead seems to be the median sort of number, with many clinics in smaller cities offering closer to 80-20.

Many other factors come into play though in terms of time commitments/flexibility, other benefits, etc.

Unless your clinic is in the most expensive part of downtown Vancouver/Toronto, I wouldn't pay 35%.

• 5 weeks later...

depends on location (urban vs rural) and type of practice setting (i.e. what are you getting for your money - secretaries? nurses? EMR?...)

IMO it's best to compare with similar clinics in your area to see if what you're being offered is competitive.

25% overhead seems to be the median sort of number, with many clinics in smaller cities offering closer to 80-20.

Many other factors come into play though in terms of time commitments/flexibility, other benefits, etc.

Unless your clinic is in the most expensive part of downtown Vancouver/Toronto, I wouldn't pay 35%.

Yes, 25% seems to be the right number. 

Archived