Premed 101 Forums

Here To Answer Questions About Western Pt!

I have applied in MPT / Physical Therapy through ORPAS . and waiting. Western University said they will offer in May,2018.  My GPA is 3.0 .Is there any chance I will be accepted ?. I did not get succes in University of Toronto..Now waiting for reply from MacMaster,Western and Queens.

Any suggestions,please ?

45 minutes ago, mdmm said:

I have applied in MPT / Physical Therapy through ORPAS . and waiting. Western University said they will offer in May,2018.  My GPA is 3.0 .Is there any chance I will be accepted ?. I did not get succes in University of Toronto..Now waiting for reply from MacMaster,Western and Queens.

Any suggestions,please ?

Is that your sub-GPA? If so, unfortunately it’s too low to be competitive for any of the Ontario schools. 

17 hours ago, Rehab4Life said:

Is that your sub-GPA? If so, unfortunately it’s too low to be competitive for any of the Ontario schools. 

Hi,

Thank you very much for reply.I recheched and found that my GPA  is 3.5 

Need your suggestions,please

2 hours ago, HopefulPT7 said:

Hi! Is a 3.8 a must for western? Is 3.75 too low?

If one component of your application is weak, I'd say the other components have to be pretty stellar. I know a few people who got into the program with a lower GPA, but they came with a load of experience (e.g., working as a kinesiologist in a clinic, certified personal trainer, etc.). 

6 hours ago, PTerodactyl said:

If one component of your application is weak, I'd say the other components have to be pretty stellar. I know a few people who got into the program with a lower GPA, but they came with a load of experience (e.g., working as a kinesiologist in a clinic, certified personal trainer, etc.). 

What if you have a really high gpa (3.95) and lots of non-physiotherapy related volunteer+ research experience but relatively low physiotherapy-related experience? 

Subject:  a big Request for help.

Thank you very much for all of your nice advices.

I am in Toronto and applied only in 4 universities in Ontario. University of Toronto have already denied..I am not a bright student but a poor  girl student  in Toronto . Are there better chances of admission in M.Sc Physiotherapy/physical therapy,in other provinces (out of Ontario) with my GPA of 3.6  ??

Should I apply for M.Sc  Occupational therapy ,to get easy admission ??

.I am interested in Optometry but there are only 2 schools in Canada with very high  GPA .Any advice please?

Please advise me?

Regards

19 hours ago, Logic said:

What if you have a really high gpa (3.95) and lots of non-physiotherapy related volunteer+ research experience but relatively low physiotherapy-related experience? 

I match that profile and I was accepted. :) When I applied, I had mostly research experience and worked with mental health populations. 

On 2018-04-11 at 10:48 AM, mdmm said:

Subject:  a big Request for help.

Thank you very much for all of your nice advices.

I am in Toronto and applied only in 4 universities in Ontario. University of Toronto have already denied..I am not a bright student but a poor  girl student  in Toronto . Are there better chances of admission in M.Sc Physiotherapy/physical therapy,in other provinces (out of Ontario) with my GPA of 3.6  ??

Should I apply for M.Sc  Occupational therapy ,to get easy admission ??

.I am interested in Optometry but there are only 2 schools in Canada with very high  GPA .Any advice please?

Please advise me?

Regards

Here’s my opinion: OT is a competitive program too. It is not an easy admission. OT does happen to have a lower average gpa acceptance but a 3.6 isnt that competitive, especially if you dont have any OT experience. As for out of province, i dont think 3.6 is competitive for any PT program. My advice would be to take some time to improve your gpa and volunteer to find what you want to do with your life in terms of career and work towards that. It’ll be easier to focus experience and learn what you need for the greatest chance of acceptance for one program instead of applying to all PT OT and Optometry school.

Archived