Premed 101 Forums

Cars Question

Turk

When I was practicing CARS in the Princeton CARS workbook, I was doing excellent on every passage (i.e. only getting 1-2 questions wrong per passage). But once I started doing online Princeton passages, I've noticed that my accuracy fell significantly (I'm getting 3-4 questions wrong per passage now) because I find it harder to read on a computer screen. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and how they overcame it?

Thanks!

I read so much slower on a computer screen. That was my vice for verbal. To combat the issue I did all my practice passages on the computer and then used my finger to scan each word of the passage to pace myself.

The computer really strains the eyes, eh???

I'll try the finger technique, thanks!!

and yeah it does :(

I strongly advise doing all your VR prep using the computer, I did the MCAT 2 years ago and had a similar problem. I completely adjusted my VR to the computer only and it becomes much more normal after a lot of practice.

I wear contacts, so reading on the computer screen was way different. But I feel like my eyes have adjusted now, I can do a full practice test with little strain on the eyes thanks to the constant practice in front of the computer.

Just keep practicing and you will find your stride!

Cheers

Archived