Premed 101 Forums

Osap

I was wondering how the Ontario Student Opportunity Grant worked for Mac Students.

We have ~$28,000 in tuition. It says max repayable (for 3 semester) years is $11,100 (based on 2015-2016). Does that mean for any amount that we get from OSAP over $11,100 it is a part of the grant and given to us?

Please let me know as this could ultimately be a lot of debt reduction for many of us!

yeah wow - and to add that is why you have to be careful with savings, investments ....within their rules.

similarly there are bursaries at most schools that are worst a considerable amount as well. You have to sit down when people at the school, and learn exactly how to logically organize things. The road is a long one - conserve whatever resources you can etc :)

yeah wow - and to add that is why you have to be careful with savings, investments ....within their rules.

similarly there are bursaries at most schools that are worst a considerable amount as well. You have to sit down when people at the school, and learn exactly how to logically organize things. The road is a long one - conserve whatever resources you can etc :)

Thanks for the advice. We're definitely in for the long haul. Very much appreciated!

It is working out to a pretty considerable amount for me as a married student with dependants, that's for sure. It's why I applied to OSAP this year instead of my home province; I technically could have gone for either (the only reason I'm eligible for OSAP is because my husband has lived in Ontario for a year. It's a weird rule, but I'll take it!) but OSAP worked out to me receiving nearly double the amount of aid while ultimately oweing half as much as I would have otherwise.

Archived