Premed 101 Forums

how does the UofM regard VW's?

Guest PerfectMoment

Guest PerfectMoment

Calc II is really killing me. I've never understood calculus and to have even attempted to take Calc II was stupid of me. I don't need it for my major. Should I just VW this in the hopes of saving my oh so precious GPA? I don't want that VW haunting me however, which is what makes me leery about dropping Calc. I did really badly on my first midterm (32/60... ouch) and have another midterm in a week and then the final in roughly a month. I'm afraid that with my 3.0 in Physics I and my 3.5 in Calc I, that this class will only drop my GPA further. How will the admissions people view this? Will I have to explain why I did what I did? Or should I just bite the bullet and stay in the course? I'm afraid that I'll have to devote so much time to this course, that I won't have the time to study for my other courses....

Thanks.

Hi Perfect Moment,

To my knowledge U of M doesn't look at VWs. According to their website there is a formula used to calculate your AGPA and based on the total number of courses you have taken you may be able to 'drop' courses so they are not included in the AGPA calculation. :)

My opinion of your situation? Drop the calculus.

Hope this helps.

No. of credit

hours

completed --- Number credit hours dropped

90 - 95 --- 15

96 - 101 --- 18

102 - 107 --- 21

108 - 113 --- 24

114 - 119 --- 27

120 or more --- 30

Guest PerfectMoment

I really want to just stay in the course and do it. But I don't want to be studying so much for it that my other courses suffer as a result. I think I'm just gonna take this 2nd midterm and see if I do well. If not I think I'll take your advice and drop.

Archived