Premed 101 Forums

When do early acceptances start?

Guest Koppertone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest deeds16

Approximately how many early acceptance spots are given? And I assume these are usually given to the students with the highest GPA/MCAT scores or nearly perfect interviews...

Guest pjdavis

Hey deeds16,

I e-mailed the admissions office on Friday about this, and how OOP applicants are scored here is what Beth Jennings sent:

Our Early Acceptance Admission Committee meeting is scheduled for April 21st. Letters will go out only to those being offered early admission at that time.

Out of Province and In Province candidates are 'scored against' each other, but there is a quota of maximum 10% of our class from out of province. Out of Province candidates are considered for early admission.

As for the number of spots I have no idea, but typically it's between 30 and 50% of the class for other schools. Hope this helps.

pjdavis

Guest deeds16

Thanks for the info pjdavis. I'm not even counting on early acceptance, especially because of the way my interviewers responded to me (and due to my stellar (yeah rite!!) GPA and MCAT). I'm just praying that on May 31st, I'll be put on the waitlist and not be flat out rejected.

Archived