Premed 101 Forums

Chances For Queens Ot?

Hi everyone!

I've been going through the previous years' posts to get an idea of what the OT cut off for grades has been like for the past couple of years, and I've noticed that it seems like Queens has gone up from the original 3.0 cGPA? Did anyone from the last admission cycle get in with a 3.0 cGPA? My own cGPA is just above 3.0, and I guess I'm just looking for some inspiration since my sGPA isn't looking too hot either for other Ontario schools.  :(

Yeah I think Queen's increased in their cGPA cut-off a bit. Last year was 3.2 I believe I saw that somewhere, possibly their website.. I had a 3.1 cGPA and was rejected without even waitlisted. That being said, GPA cut-off changes every application year so if you can afford the fee costs, it's certainly worth it to at least try! Good luck.

Yeah I think Queen's increased in their cGPA cut-off a bit. Last year was 3.2 I believe I saw that somewhere, possibly their website.. I had a 3.1 cGPA and was rejected without even waitlisted. That being said, GPA cut-off changes every application year so if you can afford the fee costs, it's certainly worth it to at least try! Good luck.

Hi OTea (pretty cool name ;) ), thanks for letting me know--like you said, GPA cut offs do change every year so I figured I would at least try this year!

• 4 weeks later...

This is the email I got when I asked for feedback on my application:

Due to our large volume of applicants, we do not have the resources to offer specific feedback to students on their applications. Information about the application criteria and process can be found at https://www.ouac.on.ca/orpas/. The application process, as explained on the ORPAS website, provides potential applicants with sufficient information to apply to the program. To ensure fairness in the application process for all applicants, it is not possible for anyone in the OT Program to provide additional information beyond what is posted on the ORPAS site, nor can we review applications to provide feedback, give specific advice about your application package or advise on volunteer experiences.

We had over 800 applicants to the Queen's OT Program this year, most of whom had excellent volunteer and professional experiences, and who expressed passion about the profession of occupational therapy. This year, the cumulative GPA average for students who received a first round admission offer was 3.6/4.0, coupled with strong academic and professional references, an excellent letter of intent, as well as a record of relevant volunteer and professional experiences.

I trust that this message has answered your questions as best as I am able to.

Archived