Premed 101 Forums

What Is Required To Become A Physio Assistant Or Volunteer?

I am currently in my 4th year of exercise science. Can I ask clinics to be a physio volunteer, or assistant if any physios allow it? I want experience working with a physio and helping their clients in any way possible.

do I need volunteer experience or a completed degree?

thanks

Techically OTAs/PTAs/rehab assistants are unregulated professions and don't require any specific education. That being said, there are OTA/PTA diploma programs, which tend to make people more hireable. So legally, yes, you can work as a PTA (at least in Ontario) under the licence of a PT. My advice would be to just apply and see what happens.

Techically OTAs/PTAs/rehab assistants are unregulated professions and don't require any specific education. That being said, there are OTA/PTA diploma programs, which tend to make people more hireable. So legally, yes, you can work as a PTA (at least in Ontario) under the licence of a PT. My advice would be to just apply and see what happens.

Thanks. Do you know if being a physio assistant is good experience for getting into physio masters?

And do you know how much a PTA makes in average? I think I saw around 23/her

Not sure about salaries. But working as a PTA would definitely be valuable experience for physio school. Especially for programs like Queens that look at experience and other parts of your application other than just your academic record. I know plenty of people that were PTAs or kins before starting physio school.

Archived