Premed 101 Forums

interview weekend

Guest ubcpharmer

Guest ubcpharmer

hi

i was wondering if the medicine students society was holding any tours etc on the interview weekends. also where is the best place to stay and will any students be taking billets. iam coming from bc and most likely will be there the first interview weekend.

thanks

Guest ubcpharmer

if you are out of province then the admissions office will give you a date (of you choosing) if you ask them. this is to allow us to book flights;)

Guest jackiedirks

Hey UBCpharmer-

Usually what happens is that there is a meet and greet on the Friday night before the interview. There's pizza and some sample questions, and you can ask some questions about the school. (I don't think there are any faculty there, its something put on by us first years.) On the day of your weekend they usually have a short tour fter the interview is over. (This is what happened last year; I'm not sure if the format is changing.)

As for billeting- yes a list will be sent out to you with phone#s to call if you want to be put up by a student.

I look forward to meeting you- hopefully it won't be so ridiculously cold by the time you get here!

Jackie

Archived