Premed 101 Forums

my interview experience

Guest JC15

I just interviewed on the 8th and I wanted to thank the first year med class for making it such a great weekend! My billet was great, and all the students were friendly and helpful. The interview itself went pretty well - all the questions were typical of what was posted on this site. Even though Winnipeg is REALLY cold, I learned a lot about UofM and what a great school it is!

Guest lots of thinking

I'm glad that your interview went well!!

I'm curious as to what you thought the hardest questions and the most interesting questions were!

appreciate it,

goodluck

M

I think the hardest question was "what would your friends say they like the least about you?" It's hard to address your weaknesses, because you don't want them to think you're egotistical and don't think you have any ... but at the same time, you're trying to convince these people to let you in and you don't want to say that you have some major flaw that would make you a bad doctor!

Some of the more interesting questions were "if Jean Chretien gave your province a one time gift of $100 million to be used in one area of healthcare and your premier asked for your advice, what would you say?" and "list the pros and cons of the Vancouver/Whistler bid for the 2010 Olympics" and "what character from a book or movie do you think you relate to most?"

Most the questions were ethical and hypothetical situations. There were only a few from my autobiographical sketch.

JC

Archived